Due to the fact that this type of work is particularly relevant for industrial enterprises of the former USSR countries, where ENCE GmbH is the most active in the package deliveries of high-tech equipment.
Service engineers have extensive experience in service maintenance of pumping and compression equipment and have undergone additional training on the basis of the technical service centers of our partner-manufacturers of pumping equipment, such as OILGEAR (piston pumps), Sundyne International (high speed centrifugal pumps) and a number of Japanese manufacturers of centrifugal and reciprocating pumps.
Specialists of ENCE GmbH are ready to assist in installation and start-up of a variety of compression and pumping equipment, including installation of package systems with couplings of different designs, electric or diesel drives, with shutter system of double or tandem end mechanical seals, lubrication and cooling system, instrumentation and control panel.
ENCE GmbH is keenly focused on a guarantee and post-guarantee service of the delivered equipment. Compression and pumping equipment require regular maintenance, wear degree monitoring of wear parts and, if needed, timely spare parts replacement. ENCE GmbH is ready to conclude long-term contracts for permanent service maintenance of the specified set of pump and compressor equipment.
ENCE GmbH renders qualified experts and is ready to implement service works of various types of pumping units. Installation supervision is a key work prior to operation of any type of pumping equipment. It requires special skills and knowledge of pumping equipment. Installation supervision and commissioning must be carried out by trained certified staff.
Here are some general rules that should be applied during installation of any compression and pumping units:
Following issues are examined in the process of this work:
- contents of delivered equipment
- integrity of equipment, absence of transportation damage
- control of conformance with the operation technological sequence and securing their proper quality, in accordance with the specifications and recommendations of equipment manufacturers
- supervision control: strapping when lifting, installed base and frame-base check, alignment of the shaft axes of the pump and electric motor (in case of flywheel — belt tension)
- all bolts and studs tightness check, according to values indicated in the equipment certificate of the manufacturer, in order to avoid equipment damage during operation
- pipework inspection and also installation accuracy of all shut-off and control valves and other pump parts
- equipment connection to a power supply and grounding control
- practical and theoretical staff training
Though different types of pumps and compressors have some structure peculiarities and respectively specify the work to be performed during installation, commissioning and service maintenance.
Here are some examples:
Application range of the high pressure axial plunger pumps:
- die casting and injection moulding machine
- high pressure test units
- construction and navy projects
- amplifier system
- extrusion presses
- die forging presses
- high pressure forced lubrication system for long turbines
- metal pressure treatment machines
Installation and commissioning details of axial-plunger pumps:
- A pump unit at a preoperational phase must be guaranteed secured with a quick emergency stop
- Flow part of the pump and pipework at commissioning and operation need to be constantly filled with liquid and contain no air. The lack of fluid will lead to rapid destruction of the working mechanism
- Axial plunger pump operational pipework must have a special nozzle for extruding air from the system and deflation must be done by each new start of the pump
- It is important that the working media has purity level according to ISO 4406 as prescribed by the technical conditions. Installation of the pump should occur in conditions that protect the flow part of the pump against any contamination
- Preserving grease removal before the commissioning must be carried out without using of fibrous fabrics or wool. Washing liquids must not enter and mix with the working media
- It is necessary to use elastic elements in the connection of the pump unit with the working piping and in the pump-base mounting, which will provide a minimum noise level of the pump
- The suction inlet of an axial-plunger pump must have minimum pressure of the working media, according to the passport data for a specific model
- An axial plunger pump must be started at a low motor or actuator RPM until the entire pump system is running full
- It is necessary to ensure the accurate motor shaft and pump shaft rotation during installation and start-up
Plunger (piston) pumps
Application range of the plunger (piston) pumps:
Installation and commissioning details of plunger (piston) pumps:
- A pump unit must be rigidly fixed on a horizontal surface to ensure normal circulation of the oil in the crankcase. Bias may increase pump wear.
- Pipeline fastening to the suction and discharge joints of a plunger pump must be done using elastic elements.
- It is necessary to observe the alignment of the pump shaft and drive shaft in case of a pump-and-motor direct coupling. The pulley must be aligned and the belt tension corrected according to instructions when torque transmitted through a belt drive.
- Any pump unit must be guaranteed secured with a quick emergency stop and interlock mechanism at emergency operation mode.
- Before starting turn the shaft manually to control freewheeling.
- Primary pump start-up should be performed without load, preferably at low speed to control the rotation direction.
- To re-start the pump, make sure that the pump is at full stop.
- At start-up it is necessary to check the mechanical running for noise or vibrations in the bearings and bearing supports. In case of any operation failure, immediately stop the machine and identify the failure cause.
Failure might be caused by both magnetic and electric interference and mechanical violations including:
- pump and drive unbalance
- operating in conditions of system resonance
- unit parts mounting errors
- In faultless mechanical start-up of the pump unit, test an idle running switching on all control and cooling systems (if available).
When a pump unit runs at maximum load, it is required (if possible) to monitor pump stable operation mechanical parameters, including:
- ease of movement
- voltage readings
- power consumption
- bearing temperature
- motor winding temperature and others
Centrifugal pumps are used in all industries and for personal use. They can pump water, neutral and aggressive liquids, viscous medium, slurry including a high content of solid substances, high and low temperature liquid medium, including condensed gases.
Installation and commissioning details of centrifugal pumps:
Centrifugal pump operation monitoring
For pump stable operation it is recommended to monitor pump performance characteristics and condition regularly:
- Working temperature at control points (bearings, seal assembly) of the pump and motor at the same power load (weekly)
- Packing, cooling and sealing liquid control (daily)
- Operating fluid quality (constantly)
- Leaks control
- Noise control at normal operation
- Mounting control
ll fasteners must be checked at engine stop when the unit is cooled and there is no residual pressure in the system.
Through continuous monitoring of operational parameters of the pump and lines (for example, change in operating temperature, pressure, chemical composition and impurities in the working fluid) it is possible to detect an increased wear at an early stage and take necessary measures to increase pump durability.
Pump repair works must be performed only by authorized and qualified staff.
The production and engineering company ENCE GmbH and its service centers in CIS countries are ready to carry out installation supervision, commissioning and service maintenance of the pump and compressor equipment supplied by the company as well as other equipment of the Customers.
Specialists of the pump and compressor equipment service department are always open for cooperation and ready to discuss any questions you may have.
Read more about our activities on the page current info.